Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday 8/7/2010

Hello

The weather here is the opposite of in New Zealand. This has been the driest spring since 1929. I have been baling with my Grandad's Case III tractor, we are getting fewer bales then normal. It suits us, we can do more outside and the water is warmer for swimming in the reservoir and quarry.

I am interested in endangered species. Here these include: Great Crested Newts, Bats (14), Hazel Dormice and Hedgehogs. Last weekend we helped an Ecologist do a Hazel Dormouse survey. Another New Zealand endangered speices is the Ginger. My brother Seth has dyed his hair for the Gingers, our friend Gus is a Ginger and he has frekles like Seth, Gus has had to shave his hair to a number 3 so it is the same length as Seth's. I want to get blue hair and my says I can. What do you think I should do?

Where we live here is very remote, We have no tv, telephone, internet or video games in our home. For entertainment we chop down trees and look after our nature ponds. For my learning I am writing about different jobs our friends have here. I also have to read I have read: When the Lion Feeds by Wilbur Smith and 39 steps by John Buchan and I am reading Warlock by Wilbur Smith. I have to write book reviews on every book I read -it's Hell! and to make it worse I have 10 challenges and the first is I can't say "AWESOME" for one whole day.

What are you up to?

WAKA

No comments:

Post a Comment